Game Camp Kotka 2018 is an international 48h bootcamp and hackathon for game developers from Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Sweden. It will be held during June 8-10 on the wonderful Rankki Island near Kotka, Finland.
Who can apply to participate the Game Camp?
- Game developers, coders, game designers, etc.
- Composers & audio designers
- Graphics artists
- Business developers interested in gaming
- Teams with existing game prototypes
The participants have the choice to:
- build a team and a working game prototype within 48 hours and pitch it to the distinguished jury of game industry experts and other participants
- add members from other countries to your existing team with already available prototype to further develop the game and fine-tune your investor pitch and slide deck during the event
The best teams will be awarded the opportunity to join our accelerator programme as well as awesome prizes by event hosts and partners.
We are looking for experienced individual participants and already existing teams. There is room for only up to 100 participants. Thus, every application will be closely monitored and the organizers will choose participants based on experience and skills, taking into account the country and skill balance. If accepted to the programme, the travel and accommodation costs of all participants will be fully covered.
Game Camps is an initiative to strengthen cross-border ties between the game industries of Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Sweden. Our main goal is to help establish at least 10 cross-border game companies over the next 2 years, working with no less than 240 aspiring game developers.
Game Camps is co-financed by the EU INTERREG Central Baltic programme.